Things I learned:
- more confident in illustrator! + more photoshop use
- learned how to generally use Zbrush and prepare files to be 3D printed (also expensive!)
- what materials and paints etc work well for making models and how to display them.
- Form 1 printers give a very nice and smooth model print so there is little cleanup necessary - give them a wash with soap, and maybe clean with isopropyl, sand and cure a bit in the sun but nothing much else.
- how to create a silicon and resin copy if I wanted to
Things I could've done differently:
- alternate packaging designs
- resizing the model so I didn't have issues with putting magnets in the arms / ordering smaller magnets??
- allowing more time for painting, especially because of the fine detailing needed
- possibly doing more bogging because there were some chipped pieces from the 3D printing which effected some of the shaping of the model but it was relatively minor.
- more features, such as a site link, collectable cards etc...
Overall I'm pretty pleased with the outcome of the model so I don't think there's a huge amount that could be changed about it, maybe just adding things to the package or model.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.